Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Most Beautiful Place on Earth

Two summers ago (2006) my family, my friend Mary and I took a Mediterranean cruise starting in Venice and ending in Barcelona. The stops included Venice, Rome, Santorini, Athens, Mykonos, Florence, Tuscany, Sorrento, Nice, Monaco and Barcelona; but there was one place that just stuck out as the most amazing I had ever been to: Capri.

Capri is a little resort island off of the Amalfi Coast in Italy. This island has THE most amazing views of Italy (especially Mount Vesuvius) as well as some of the cleanest and most sparkly water you will ever see. I swear its like paradise. When I went on a tour of Pompeii, the tour guide suggested that in Greek mythology (this area of Italy was highly influenced by Greeks) Capri meant the isle of the sirens and whenever Zeus, punished into Mount Vesuvius, would get so frustrated at looking at the sirens' beauty, he would erupt (i.e. volcano). I thought it was a beautiful story seeing as such a naturally disastrous entity was so close to such a beautiful paradise.

My only issues with Capri was the hydrofoil getting to the island from our cruise ship. I cannot handle motion very well and lets just say it wasn't very pleasant! I wish I had my pictures from that trip, but cannot find them at the moment so enjoy some I found on the web (the pictures really do not do it justice):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Mom happens to agree with you. Remember going to the pharmacy for our meds?